Friday 6 January 2023

01-06 January 2023

 January 1 - NewYears Day. Not much done just the usual cooking, straightening out,etc. I did spend considerable time knitting.

January 2. - Was  statutory holiday due to News Years being in a Sunday. Other than knit not much else happened as I knew I would have a busy week at work. Simple meals for sure.

January 3 - I was right. Head office wanted everything done yesterday. I ended up working an hour and a half extra. Went for a great walk upon arriving at home. So nice. Quick supper then off to bed. On the way to work I stopped and picked up some veggies and fruit. I have been doing without or frozen. I just needed some fresh.

January 4 - Another super busy day. I ended up working only three quarters of an hour overtime. My head could not hold another number. Had another great walk. So enjoying being outside.

January 5 - Work was really busy and other issues came up. I got the most important stuff over to head office, though I will be sending the documents again as they still need to be checked and signed off by the boss. Worked another 1 1/2 hours overtime. Not sure when I will be able to take it lol.

January 6 - I do not work on Fridays. Mostly because something is usually going on with the grandkids and even if they are older, often need rides or help. I started this when they were small and now with the price of gas and car maintenance it isn’t worth it to drive to the city for work that extra day. I made a spicy casserole out of brown rice, frozen peppers, carrots, celery, onions, leftover chicken some Rotel tomatoes and cheese. I had never tried Rotel tomatoes mostly because we did not have them in Canada. , Once we did get them, they were very expensive. I did get a deal of $1.00 each. The casserole is tasty. I knit, I read and watched a bit of Netflix. I needed a down day. After today the temperatures are on the rise, so will be out enjoying the warmth.

Frugality - Other than the fruit and veggies, I did not spend any money. I even was able to pupil a few shekels in my money can. Next week I will need an oil change and a fill up on gas. 

That’s it for the first week of the year. Oh I did a stock take of my fridge and freezer. I counted up 100 meals of all combinations. This did not include anything in my pantry. I am good for a long time. Yay.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment