Wednesday 15 February 2023

3023-02-15

 My first week of working three days was not what I expected. It was a whole lot slower than I thought it would be. I expected some residual work from last year, but none came. I am going to go ahead and day, it is all good. When I woke up Thursday, I for sure thought it was Friday. Guessing it will take a bit of time getting use to the extra day off.

I have a plan to work on one to two homemade gifts per month. Failing fast as I thought I had finished off an Afghan but nope it is in my opinion too short. I am picking out the castoff row and will continue on for another foot or so. I have the next five days off. Hoping to finish it.

Well, I received my first pay with the less hours. They docked me one days pay as the VP gave the wrong working days. That’s quite fine, next pay will be a bit extra. Alls good that ends well.

Yesterday we hit a high of +3C. Within a space of four - five hours we were at -27C, without the windchill. It snowed also which made for blizzard conditions in our area. All the roads were closed most of the night. Back to sun today and cold.


The soap is to add to my gift cupboard as is the Afghan. Sorry for the dark picture.

Three people at work have the new Covid variant. Also going around is the Norvovirus. In addition is a stomach virus. No throwing up with that one just spending a lot of time in the bathroom. Lots of people are back to travelling so to be expected. I try to stay away from people as much as I can.

We have booked a cabin/cottage for a week in summer. The kids are pumped. We usually do a camping trip. I sold my camper last year. We thought we would try this. If it doesn’t work, we will use DIL camper in the future.

I thought January’s grocery spend was low then I found another receipt. I am over by $75. Back to no spend for awhile.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment