Monday 27 February 2023

Disaster Aborted

 I talked to daughter about the situation. She was mad. I told her I wouldn’t go if the interlopers insisted on coming. Long story short, she reminded me that the grandkids have no connections to granddad except for these people. The kids need that connection. I caved. I need to put aside my feelings and have them come to make memories with that side of the family. As it is we never go to my home province to visit so those ties are slowly slipping away as us older members pass away.

Myself, my son and his son all have autism. We are all adults so don’t have the communication problems we had when they were growing up. I have a coworker that also has autism. Today, I needed him to do up his timesheet a certain way. He refused. He did finally do it a different way I suggested. He had it in his mind it was going to be lost if he did the entry my way. He must have gone through ten or twenty sheets of paper trying to be “right”. No matter I just changed it after he had signed it and handed it in. It was like trying to convince my son or grandson when they were younger. By the way, the company wants it done the way I have handled it in the past. I also notice that as he gets older (71) he is getting worse.

Now I can start month end. Yippie!

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment